Her outstanding contribution to the field of education has been acknowledged and rewarded with numerous prestigious awards as:
- ★ National Award to Teachers 2012 by President of India
- ★ Lokmanilal Award for Lifetime Achievement
- ★ Radha Krishnan Excellence Award 2012-13,
- ★ Global Teacher Accreditation Award 2013 by Cambridge Education Foundation, UK and British Council.
- ★ She is one of the 8 School Leaders across India to receive The School Leadership Award instituted by the founders of The Advaith Foundation to acknowledge School Leaders who have created a Transformational learning Environment in their schools through innovative practices. The award was conferred by Shri. N.R. Naryana Murthy, Infosys in Bangalore in Oct 2017.
Right from being a Primary teacher to being the School Principal, Mrs. Jerath has enjoyed and learnt at every step. She believes that the very aim of education is the flowering of individuals. She seeks the genius within every child and at the same time makes sure that no child is left behind!
Her belief that education is incomplete if it does not have a societal purpose and a moral obligation has influenced the mindsets of all stakeholders who are highly proactive and sensitive towards community work. Her efforts have made DLF… a School with a soul… where being ‘Good’ is more important than just being ‘Smart’ and where the complete definition of success is ‘to have the ability to give back more to society than you take from it’.